Geo-DRM Training in Bhutan
Geoinformatics Center conducted a two-day training in Bhutan to implement Geo-referenced Information Systems for Disaster Risk Management (Geo-DRM), from 3rd to 4th June 2015. The program was organized and sponsored by the Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), in partnership with the United Nations International Strategy for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR), Asia Pacific Office, Bangkok. The training was held at the Department of Disaster Management (DDM) in Thimphu, Bhutan.
There were twelve participants from following agencies participated the event.
- Department of Disaster Management (DDM), Ministry of Home & Cultural Affairs (MoHCA)
- Department of Hydro Met Services, Ministry of Economic Affairs (MoEA)
- FEMD, Ministry of Works and Human Settlement (MOWHS)
- DOR, Ministry of Works and Human Settlement (MOWHS)
- United Nations Development Program (UNDP), Bhutan
During the first day, all the relevant theoretical aspects were discussed and at the end of the second day, participant were able to build their own Geo-DRMs in their respective machines.